Sunday, August 5, 2012

My vices in Instagram

From Wikipedia's entry for "Seven deadly sins":
The Seven Deadly Sins, also known as the Capital Vices or Cardinal Sins, is a classification of objectionable vices (part of Christian ethics) that have been used since early Christian times to educate and instruct Christians concerning fallen humanity's tendency to sin. The currently recognized version of the sins are usually given as wrathgreedslothpridelustenvy, and gluttony.
But since I am not a religious (though I am a spiritual person), I indulge my vices -- Instagram being the primary one.

1. Wrath

Uh, well ... I don't know.

2. Greed

Catster was all like, "Hey, we'll pay you $$$ to cover
the Amazing Acro-Cats!" and I was all like, "Okay!"

3. Sloth 

Hanging out in Alamo Square with my bicycle
on a Monday afternoon ... because I CAN.

4. Pride

Amusingly I found this near Elizabeth St in Noe Valley.

GPOY: admiring my natural eyelashes. 

5. Lust

Dang I still really want these shoes ...
why don't I have them?
Oh right, because I impulsively bought one of these
and -- more outrageously -- one of these.

6. Envy

Hmmm, I am not a particularly jealous person,
but maybe I wish I drove a pink Cadillac!

7. Gluttony
(This is probably my greatest religious offense)

I eat a lot!

Mmm ... food.

Life is just a plate of gross-looking cherry pits.

I want caaandy!

I drink a lot of beer!

... and ice cream!

Bedtime beer, thank you very much.

Was this beer worth all of the $10 I spent on it?
I don't know, but the bottle was cute!

I get way too much Starbucks! (In a city with far superior coffee offerings!)




And -- dun dun dunnn! -- I smoke the cancer sticks!

"Did you know smoking kills?"
"I'm betting on it."

By golly, I am full of sin, but as the young folks say, "YOLO!"

You can follow me on Instagram @liz_from_LA -- see ya there!










No comments:

Post a Comment